Thursday, January 23, 2014

Tea Anyone?

 
Don't you just love tea parties?  So much fun!  Another good memory from
my grandmother's kitchen was the days we would have a tea party.  I still
have many of her teacups from a large collection she had.  Sometimes we
would go downtown to a gift shop.  Part of the store was a pharmacy and
part was a lovely gift store.  All the town's brides had their bridal registries
there.  They also sold a fancy, delicious tea.  My grandmother would buy
a box and home we would go to have a cup of tea.  It has a wonderful flavor
and to this day whenever I fix myself a cup, I am transported in my mind back
to that wonderful kitchen and the fun I had being "grown up" enough to have
a cup of tea in those fancy cups and saucers.  This delicious tea is still around
and you should be able to find it--if not, try the internet.  I heartily recommend
it--and so would Mrs. Barrett.  Enjoy your Thursday!

This sweet little tea cup and saucer were from her demitasse collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts...